Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a Chaberland lift master professional formula 1

Customer Question

I have a Chaberland lift master professional formula 1 garage door opener. It suddenly stop working with the touch pad. Then a few days later it worked again, but now it stopped again. It seems it is a power issue, but there is power to the unit.is there a battery in the touch pad?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

there shouldn't be a battery in the wall control but a key less and remote transmitters yes.............and you might have a battery back-up

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Replaced the battery in the keyless entry and the touchpad works, but the keyless entry doesn't work. Tried reprogramming it three times. The other remotes n the car work.
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) the make and model of the opener. How old it is. And do you have the manual?

2-) the make and model of the key less

3-) The color of the learn button

4-) do you know where the OPENER motor unit controls are?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?

6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a lift master professional formula 1 opener. It came with the house which was built in 2008. The learn button is purple. The keyless is also a lift master but I do not see any other markings as model number. There may have been a power loss, but has never been an issue before. I think the battery in the keyless was dead and once I replaced it the touchpad worked.
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

Hi Bruce ..............what it could be that the buttons on the key less are worn and it might need replacement........or you had a power surge recently and it may have disrupted the logic board with that part ..........what I would try is erase all remotes by holding in the learn button for 6 seconds...........then unplug the opener...........remove all batteries for a minute..............then put them back..........plug back in the opener.......and re program everything starting with the keyless.........hold each remote about 16 inches away from the opener when programming............if it (the key less) still won't program then something has to be replaced ...........please let me know how it all goes

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I reprogrammed everything and it works now, thanks for the help.
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

Eddie