WCohn
WCohn, Construction Worker
Experience:  Been in contruction 18+years
6211579

My girlfriend is getting bug bite ion a 12x12 room, its

Customer Question

My girlfriend is getting bug bite ion a 12x12 room , its small but it has "bed bugs" . Today she bought a bedbug kit with spray, powder , and 3 other bug treatments. What can anyone tell me about bed bugs like populations, how to kill,
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Bedbugs are like lice in the fact that in order to get rid of them permanently you have to do a complete "washing" of the are they infected. Wash all laundry and linens in hot water 122ºF or above dry on high heat. Buy or rent a carpet steamer and steam carpet and cloth window coverings. Fill any cracks in walls and spray insecticide anywhere you can't use steamer or items you can't wash in high temps.

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

*"washing" of the AREA infected---- typo

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

In addition to those "washings", I intend to use a 1100 degree heat gun all over the wood or steel framings like the dresser and bed frames where cracks appear and along joints. What about air hose to blow all the cracks too? I have bought a 5 part chemical kit from an exterminating apply after . Or do you like just vacuum all cracks and not try heat along with a vacuum and or air hose

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.
I wouldn't heat treat anything I was worried about burning. I'd use chemicals for that. Vacuuming with a Hepa so the vacuum exhaust is clean of bugs and larva.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

The places can heat will not be subjected to prolonged heat. Then use vacuuming , then apply chemicals. Hepa is a must

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Yes. Yes. Yes. You got this!

Please leave me a 5 star rating. Tips are great too.

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any further questions?

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Are you satisfied with my service?????