Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Garage door monitor lights flas on and off

Customer Question

garage door monitor lights flas on and off
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
all batteries were replaced. The monitors do not have batteries that I can see.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

The Chamberlain whisper drive 6066 garage door opener is equipped with two safety features that may prevent the door from closing and cause the lights to flash.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

The most common reason for the lights to flash on the garage door opener and the door not closing is that the safety reversing sensors are misaligned or obstructed; this is a safety feature of the garage door opener.

When properly connected and aligned, the sensor will detect an obstacle in the path of its electronic beam. If an obstruction breaks the light beam while the door is closing, the door will stop and reverse to full open position, and the opener lights will flash 10 times.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

The garage door can be closed by pressing and holding the door control push bar until down travel is completed, if necessary.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

just checking in on your question - did you check the sensors?