Thomas, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner/ Vice President

What is the best way to find an insurance or re modeler

Customer Question

What is the best way to find an insurance or re modeler estimator?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Steve,
Are you looking to hire someone full time or are you looking for a freelancer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A freelancer. I am not a detail oriented person and need to produce a proposal for a diverse 203K. It's worth it to me to bring someone in to handle scope and measurements. I was thinking an adjuster would make sense.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Ok, I'm going to opt out on this one. I've never heard of any estimators or insurance adjusters working freelance. Maybe one of my colleagues has a line on this.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Can you give me an idea of what area you are in and what type of project is it, commercial or residential building?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NJ. 203K residential work. Need to submit detailed proposal of work scope.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Ok...while we have done projects in many regions, we have only done one in your area a number of years ago and unfortunately I cannot refer you to anyone. However, I am going to attach a form we use for our detailed estimates. If you get into a bind and cannot find someone, at least you can take a shot at using this. It is in EXCEL format so you can try it out and see if it works for you, as mentioned, if you get into a bind. This may help you be able to take care of doing it yourself if you already know the breakdown and since you have the total already. It also has a schedule tab as well. I hope this is helpful! I'm sorry this was not in our region or we would be more than happy to assist you with your proposal. Thanks again for using JA!