Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I have a Genie 912 garage door remote. Model GT912 which may

Customer Question

I have a Genie 912 garage door remote. Model GT912 which may have accompanied the original garage door opener sometime between 1960 and 1970. The remote is internally broken in the metal guts a piece broke off. I probably squeezed it into trying to make it work. Changing the battery only worked for about one week. Cleaning it inside revealed the broken piece. I have been to Lowes, HOME DEPOT, called all the local garage door repair business and nobody knows how I can get a new Genie remote. When I looked for Genie Company online the phone number they listed has been disconnected and the only thing I saw below that was this sight saying you could ask a question and have someone reply. Any suggestions? I'm tired of getting out of the car and going in the garage and putting the door up and back out into the car and pulling in and getting out to put the door down before leaving to go somewhere.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Please give me some time to do some research with the info you gave me

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

It looks like you can buy a new Genie 912 remote and program it for your opener. As long as your opener has either 9 or 12 switches