Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Cant open my safe, just today, yes i need to open the safe

Customer Question

cant open my safe
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i need to open the safe today can you call me on the phone
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i believe i know the combo but still wont open its 4 numbers cant remember how many time i go left or right
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that a safe with four numbers is somewhat unusual.

As to whether to turn left or right, and how many times, before or between the numbers, that would require that

1. I am told, by you, what the maker, and the model # (or at least the model line or type name) of the safe is, and

2. I can find the manual or documentation for the safe, and get the instructions for dialing in the numbers to open; in short, if I can look up the opening procedure, and pass it to you in my Answer or explanation.

Let me know those two points (in (1): the maker and model of the safe),

by using the Reply To Expert function,

and I will do that research and give you your answer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
brinks home security model# ***** thank you we had a death in family and need to open the safe taday and i am starting to freak out

Try to be reassured: with that model # information, that you have so readily provided, I should be able to find the instructions for opening the safe.

Don't worry, meanwhile.

I am doing that research and should post again within 10 minutes at most... please have patience... thanks...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok will do thank you

Here are the steps to opening it:

1. if you have the key(s), of course, try just opening it with the safe's key(s). This is a possible quick way into the safe.

2. if no keys, then first

- turn the dial CLOCKWISE three times. Stop on 0 (zero).

- then, turn the dial to the right, passing your first combo number FOUR TIMES, then stopping on that number.

- then turn the dial to the left, passing your second combo number TWO TIMES, then stopping on that second number.

- then turn the dial to the right, passing your third combo number ONE TIME, then stopping after that on the third number.

- then turn the dial to the left, directly to your fourth combo number without skipping past it at all, and stop on your fourth combo number.

- insert the key into the lock, turn the key to the right to unlock the fireproof safe.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok i am going to try it

Good. I hope it works! let me know if there is any problem or issue with it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
well i have been trying for some reason still wont open but i am still going to try i will keep you posted if the safe only has a 3 digit # how many left and rights wood i do

The safe has a 4 digit comination.

You also need the key.

I hope that this information helps. Follow all the steps in order, and carefully. If the combination is handwritten, be sure you are not misreading it. And let me know how it goes, please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok i do have the keys but for some reason my husband said ii goes left right left but paper says right left right

Have you tried my instructions in detail, step by step?

(My instructions are approved by others... that is to say, I stand behind my answer and so do others' opinions.)