Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a 1/2 HP garage door opener..part # 41A5021-2F..I can

Customer Question

I have a 1/2 HP garage door opener..part # 41A5021-2F..I can open the door from my remote from car BUT cannot close it...I can only close it from the inside garage wall unit and I must hold it until its down..if I dont..it stops part way...I have new batteries in my car remote unit please help...Winter is Coming
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. I will do my best to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make CRAFTSMAN 1/2 HP and model and/or number 41A5021-2F of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
EDDIE..ANSWERS 1.n0 manual 2 original owner..2001 installed 3 green lite steady..flickers when i put it down/up 4 working 2 remotes 5 green flashes as closing ..must keep hold it
6. no...7 unsure 8yes 9 chain 10 door moves if u hold it11..yes7
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

Okay Sal...........it seems as if your safety sensors are out of alignment.......they have to meet each other so that the LED light stays steady on ............its not like a laser beam but keep moving them until that is accomplished ..........please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

Eddie