Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

Where can I find the steps to grind and restore my terrazzo

Customer Question

Where can I find the steps to grind and restore my terrazzo floors. I need to know the how the grit on the diamond disks jump. I know to start at 30 and then go to 40. Does it jump by 10 each time.
Thank you
Phyllis Parris
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

I see its been quite some time since you asked your question. Are you still in need of help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know to start with 30 grit diamond disks with steel weights on the machine. Then I would go to 40 grit. I am then suppose to use 8 more progressively finer grits ending with 3,500 grit disks. I need to know the numbers for the 7 progressively finer grits, please. Also, where can I find the marble chips to use to fill the holes. Thank you!
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

I'll admit I've only done it twice, but I always used polishing powder. 800, 1500, 2000, then 2500 grit.

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

I also bought my supplies from a local concrete supply house, and I had to wait for them to order them. I did find this link online though, I hope it helps click HERE