Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
23932409

I have a 3000sqft warehouse which has concrete floors. The

Customer Question

I have a 3000sqft warehouse which has concrete floors. The floors are currently bare and because of that always get very dusty. I'm looking for solutions to prevent this. I know I can seal it, use regular paint or epoxy paint. I'm don't have much experience in none of them. I'd like to know whats involved in these methods and the pros and cons. Obviously budget is a concern and I will hire handymen to do the job if its to much for me. If you have other suggestions or methods I'd like to hear them. Please only respond if you have first hand knowledge of this topic and are a veteran. Not looking for basic information as I have already gathered that.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, if you paint the floor it will show wear and scratches through the paint.

If you clear seal it, then apply several layers of wax, the floor can be re-waxed as needed to maintain its uniform look.

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/interiorfloors/wax.html

This is the least expensive option for smooth finished concrete floors and is one of the most common.

Those are two entirely different looks.

If you wanted graphics on the floor, such as lane markers etc, you would need to paint it with an epoxy concrete sealer/paint system.. then apply the lane marker paint over the top of that.

Those decisions are best made by you to suit your own needs and application.