Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I am trying to locate a particular siding trim section to

Customer Question

I am trying to locate a particular siding trim section to replace only about 30 feet we had to remove for a beam repair on our 1880s home here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I have been to at least 5 mills here locally and the best I have found is two that had the required knives but lost them to fires over the years. I called a moulding specialty shop down in Green Bay , Wisconsin and was told not only that they nothing available but that none of the six mills they dealt with in central Wisconsin had anything similar.
The section is milled from a full 1" x 8" board and is basically an arc that is just under 1" at midspan and 1/2 " at the edges. The back is cupped and the edges are milled to fit adjacent trim but we could handle those cuts on a table saw if we could find the basic piece. We could live without the cupping. I have found a half log siding profile that has a close arc but would need to be cut down in thickness. It would not be a simple cut against the fence since it is at an awkward angle.
I am wondering if there is an organization that keeps records on what is available out there?
I suspect the original pieces may have been milled right here in my home town of Gladstone, Michigan since there were a number of mills here in town during the late 1800s when the white pine was being harvested across the Upper Peninsula.
We would appreciate any help you can provide
Randall *******
***********************
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Randall you might want to look over this place...........I had another cutter supplier I have to locate it on my computer ......when I do I will get it to you too.......let me know if it is what you are looking for

http://grizzly.com/

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie