Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a raynor pilot 1/2 hp garage door opener it wont

Customer Question

i have a raynor pilot 1/2 hp garage door opener it wont close move 6 in and goes back . already have changed the rpm sensor and the logic board sensor are working have them facing each other and lights are on , loosen the chain a bit but still wont go down
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. I will do my best to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make RAYNOR and model PILOT 1/2 HP and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non working ?

8-) are you using ONLY the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
on the back panel its a 41a5483 , model 2265rgd, the sensor lights are on a steady, wall mount is working and only 1 remote the learn light is yellow and it flashes 5 times
no disruptions
the car remote is a replacement
its a chain driven
and i feel comfortable making ajustments
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
its was made in 10/01
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i am sorry ;have to run a friend to the hospital can i get back with u ?
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

sure take your time ........whenever you can get back

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
do i just log back in
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i am back
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi.........did you say you replaced the logic board besides the RPM?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i just put a new logic board in yesterday got from a Raynor dealer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the day before replaced the RPM sensor
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

those 5 flashes are telling us that it is either one of those ............you may have gotten a defective part

Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

both sensor lights are on steady right?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can they test the logic board
yes the sensor light are on a steady
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

did you happen to notice any char marks in the old one?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no there was no marks
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

on the wall control ........................if you hold down the button will the garage continue then stop?............and did you do anything with the chain ........or replace the drive?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
when i hold the wall control it move about 6 inches then comes back same with the hand remote and i did loosein the chain alittle ran it again same thing tighten back to where it was .and the light that is blinking is the amber light in the back by the learn button the front light behind the white shield dosent blink stays on
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

if you disengaged the door right now does it move freely along or will it get a bump in its travel?..........before you do that close the door and check that each wheel has a little play in it and moves in and out freely about a 1/4 of an inch

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
door move freely plenty of room between the rollers and rails looked at all the bolts on the track all clean doesnt look like any rubbing
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

well we did some other checks to get this nailed down and it is pointing back to the logic board or RPM........you could have gotten like I said a defective part or another short may have occurred during the install .......what I would do at this point is contact Raynor where you got the part from and see what they have to say about it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is the away to tell if its a defect they are not open till monday and are already close
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

just the char marks and that isn't 100% accurate...........you'll probably have to use the door in manual mode .........is there a lock on it ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is a lock button on the wall mount i push it and the green light blinks i push the lock again the blinking light goes off
when its blinking it wont move when i push it again it moves
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what is a door in manual
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

that lock button is only to disable the remote transmitters when you are on vacation...............what do you mean what is a door?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you said there is a door in manual mode i am not sure what that is
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

put the door in manual mode by pulling the rope to disengage it from the trolley

and I need to ask again .........when did all of this not working start ?.............after you tinkered with the chain or any wiring ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
before it would go up in the morning but when you back out of the garage and use the remote it wouldnt go down so i cleaned the sensors made sure they were aligned and it worked the next morning the same thing so i thought the sensor was getting to much light made a shade for it both light sensors where on but would not go down when it was cool so i went to the raynor dealer they thought it was rpm sensor changed it still the same thing then changed the logic board
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

and what about the limit control have you ever adjusted that ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have done the down force starting from1 to 9 the same thing
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

its back to the Raynor guy then because this is just odd

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok thank u
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok i will
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

thanks ..............have a good night

Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie