Nathan, General Contractor
Experience:  Experienced contractor, new builds, renovations.

I have a sentry safe S0310-BW161213 safe and have misplaced

Customer Question

I have a sentry safe S0310-BW161213 safe and have misplaced the combination,I have the key so can you help me to open it. I will appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Minnie Conner
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes with help from my son
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not just now, thanks
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Minnie.

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original override code. The keys alone are not sufficient for this purpose.

You can get the form here:

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

Best regards,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?