SlTl, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer

I don'think my question fits any of your listed tabs, but do

Customer Question

I don'think my question fits any of your listed tabs, but do you have anyone who could give me ideas for cleaning nicotine stains from an antique cabinet top? Thanks!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, paint thinner will work well for that, just dampen a paper towel slightly with it, try it one tiny spot first to be sure the paint thinner is not dissolving a tung oil finish that may be on the piece,

It is time to locate the 'finish and rate' link and click on it, I will appreciate that and in exchange will hold the question open for any follow up you might need,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am so sorry, I just realized I left out the fact that it is a marble top. I didn't proofread before I hit send.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Paint thinner (mineral spirits) should work real well on marble but do not soak it, just dampen a soft cotton cloth with the paint thinner, in a well ventilated room try one spot first, then a larger one... you should find that it works very well,

Expert:  SlTl replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I may be able to assist with this question.

Have you tried just using 409? This has always worked fabulously for me. It's safe for marble and wood.