Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

I have a Sears Garage opener model# 139.53995srt serial#

Customer Question

I have a Sears Garage opener model# ***** serial# ***** it apparently has a 'loose connection"....wired switch & remote will not activate garage opener, no light on.........a gentle pat on the back of the motor box sometimes causes the lights to come on & then the switches may activate the there anything that I can do to FIX this problem???
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

Hi Clinton........looks like a main power fault......we could start there anyway........if you could test the receptacle with a corded tool.............then plug back the opener and jiggle the wires on both ends to see if it comes on

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The problem is not in the house wiring......I contacted you through Sears, thinking that someone would have an answer related to the problem......The Sears Garage Door Opener..........I would rather fix the problem......but if you can't help me Fix It, the obvious answer is replace the Opener. The problem is the Opener, if you have some advise on fixing the Opener problem, I would be thankful....if not, thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if you think you have some ideas on fixing the Opener, Please give me a call *************
If not.....please close out the request & terminate the process.
Clint *******
Expert:  Eddie replied 2 months ago.

Hi Clint this company is not associated with Sears.......we are expert consultants and I thought I was on my way to helping you with your dilemma because it most certainly is a process .......the diagnosis and solution .........furthest from my intentions was to get on your bad side so I will opt out far as billing goes I have nothing to do with that and you will have to contact customer service ...........good luck