Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

Several days ago we noticed that when we flushed the toilet

Customer Question

several days ago we noticed that when we flushed the toilet we could hear it in the kitchen drain. We had the tank drained yesterday. My husband said he could hear water trickling back into the tank. 12 hours later he checked and the tank was full again so today we had it drained again and when I got home I checked it and it's full again. Are we looking at clogged drain field piping ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

Based on your description it would seem that the field isn't taking the effluent overflow from the tank. It could be a stoppage since it's more common for standing water to show on the ground above the filed when it fails. But that doesn't mean you don't have a field failure. You need to have a septic system pro come out and check this out.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

I'm logging off for the night shortly. If you have more questions I'll respond in the morning. If you don't I'd appreciate a favorable rating. This thread won't go away and I'll answer related follow up questions even after you rate me favorably.