Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

HOW DO MOVE A TANNING BED TO A NEW LOCATION? FIRST TIME, AND

Customer Question

HOW DO MOVE A TANNING BED TO A NEW LOCATION?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: THIS IS THE FIRST TIME, AND FIRST TIME TO MOVE A TANNING BED.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IF IT IS AT ALL POSSIBLE I WOULD LIKE TO TRY, I HAD ONE ESTIMATE FOR 350. DOLLARS WHICH I THOUGHT WAS ALITTLE HIGH
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO, I KNOW I CAN GET A TRUCK BUT IS THERE SOMETHING I SHOULD KNOW, BEFORE I MOVE IT.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
Some do not remove the lamps
but that would be your first step.
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
Not removing them is like carrying all your eggs in one basket
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
This also gives you a chance fo decide on ugrades .It is totally racist the way the Governor and law enforcement handle the situation at Myrtle Beach.
It is vey close to a violation of anyones constitutional rights who gets caught up in the detours and road blocks . Of course they have lawyers who advise how to skirt peoples rights by declaring the event as an "extraordinary event"
or some such mumbo jumbo which allows the closing of federal highways and public streets in the name of safety.
They route people that arent even here for the motor cycle event 23 miles and several hours out of their way only to wind up right back in the same place where one wrong turn puts you right back on the 23 mile loop.
People arrive in town needing gas food ,and a rest room break with no idea all of that is going to be denied and they are about to be sent on a 23 mile journey at 20 miles an hour or less.
All this in an attempt to keep black bikers moving and blocked off from public areas where they are not wanted. I belive the quote was something like this will hopefully discourage them from coming back to vacation at Myrtle Beach.
As for the residents , how did you get tricked into thinking living in a resort beach town was going to be free of crowds , noise and inconvenience ?
Of course they are welcome to have it at my house , if they dont mind no hotels , restaurants , a beach or even room to camp is available.
I could manage to get the neighbors together and hire a few off duty policemen to block our road and Detour them out of the neighborhood and then back in again. That might encourage them to party elsewhere.
Perhaos you could just go back to segregating Myrtle Beach again like back in the "good old days"
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
After removing the lamps ( wrap each one in bubble wrap one at a time as they are removed. )
Remove the canooy from its hinges.
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
Have enough help do you can move the bottom without getting in a strain .
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
Do not lift the bottom by anything that sticks out .
Lift it from the bottom using help
Make sure it is strapped securely in place in the truck.
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
Short Two by fours wrapped in cloth or bubble wrap can be plced across the base and then the canopy ( also wrapped in cloth /bubble wrap ) can be placed on top of these. Strap securely being careful not to bend or deform any area. Wide cardboard over cloth can be used.
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
Avoid bumpy roads and rough driving and you should have no problems .
Expert:  Machinc replied 6 months ago.
NOTE: berore removing bulbs make sure they are all the same.
Make notes where the different ones go . Do not place tape or mark on the glass portion of the bulbs