Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I just had a 12' x 26' covered porch add on to my mobile

Customer Question

Good Morning, I just had a 12' x 26' covered porch add on to my mobile home. The contractor that built it used 1 x 4 boards length wise with no support and 2 x 4's (on the 12' side). I tried hanging a porch swing on the porch and the porch swayed in the middle while I did this. What are the legal specs of building a porch of this size?
Thanks
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Where do you live (zip code)? Are you saying the roof only has 1 x boards for the roof that's 12' wide? no rafters?

Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

I have been called away. I'll respond when I return (probably less than 1 hour). If you aren't sure about the answers to my questions then picture(s) of the roof will help. You can post pics here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Never mind. Thank you for your help anyway. I have my questions answered.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Ok, thanks for trying Just Answer