Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

My liftmaster garage door opener works fine with the

Customer Question

My liftmaster garage door opener works fine with the hardwired button. The remote key pad and car programmed remotes work only one time - then appear to have a delay for 5 minutes before working again. This is problematic when opening the door to leave then not being able to use a remote to lower the door again. I have to go into the garage to close the door then either exit my home front door (luckily attached garage) or run quickly over the protection monitor... frustrating. Any suggestions?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Michael,

This problem could be caused radio interference preventing the remote signal from being received at certain times - what kind of bulbs are you using in the garage? Any fluorescent or LED bulbs? Check if the remote only works once the lights go out.

If interference is not the problem, then the logic board on the opener may be faulty, and will need replacing.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if you find my answer useful so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated:)
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance.