Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

My garage door opener (liftmaster 2265-267 1/2 hp) will not

Customer Question

My garage door opener (liftmaster 2265-267 1/2 hp) will not open or close completely and stops randomly. I have replaced and aligned the sensors but it did not correct the problem.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. If I may ask:

1-) The make LIFT MASTER and model and/or number 2265-267 of your opener and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) The color of the learn button

4-) do you know where the OPENER motor unit controls are?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

6-) when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie