WCohn, Construction Worker
Experience:  Been in contruction 18+years

I have put up a room in the corner of my detached metal shop

Customer Question

I have put up a room in the corner of my detached metal shop building with concrete floor. What center-to-center spacing would I need for my 2 x 6" joists (on metal hangers) across this 12' by 12' room where the joists are covered on top by 5/8" thick multi-layered plywood in order to support 40 psf (pounds per square ft.) of random stuff being stored on top of that plywood?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is Wade. I'm not looking for you be overjoyed with my answer, but I'm going to list a link to a book that will be the most helpful tool you may ever own.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Might be a great reference book Mr. Cohn but I need an engineer/architect to analyze this problem for me. If you're saying the answer is in the book, please open your copy and figure out the answer to my question. I doubt it's in it though...
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

I know its in there. My copy is at work. Let me do a bit of research