Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

1/2 hp Craftsman garage door opener....motor runs, chain

Customer Question

1/2 hp Craftsman garage door opener....motor runs, chain does not move. Already checked chain is on the gear movement on top of motor.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

have you removed the cover and checked the gears

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on top of the unit where the chain is driven...I'm a female, so that may help you too!!
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Cloe0626 opted out but was correct in the assessment you probably need to replace a metal or a nylon gear .......they become old and brittle..............which entails calling in service...................how old is the unit?........if it is up in years you might want to think of a new user friendly opener which start around 150.

Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you.

Thanks

eddie