Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a half inch makita hamer drill and I am trying to get

Customer Question

I have a half inch makita hamer drill and I am trying to get a thin wrench and size to get the chuck off with can you help me
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Peter ..........was there a screw inside and at the bottom of the chuck?..............have you removed that?...............I don't know what you mean by thin wrench..............let me know I will get you to the next step

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no screw in the bottom of the check what I mean by thin wrench there is a slot in between in between the motor and the truck and according to the few pictures I saw they put a open-end wrench in there to hold it in order to do that I need a thin open-end wrench
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

A bicycle repair shop might have that kind of wrench........I'm not sure if you need it tho......usually there is a screw with a reverse thread on the bottom of the chuck ..............once that is removed you take a thick allen wrench and tighten it good on the chuck then tap it with a hammer...... going counter clockwise to remove it...........if you could get me the model number too

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can not read the model number on it and there is no screw in it and I also did the hitting it with mallet and Allen wrench and it will not move
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

maybe you can take a photo of it and I can try and match it up

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Eddie I don't know how to take the picture and send it on the computer the only thing I can tell you it is a very old rule about 30 years old and and it is electric
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ed if you go to ypu tube and enter how to take off chuck on a makita hammer drill you will see the drill an how he used the Allen wrench and also the open end wrench to get it off
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

so what is it you are having a problem with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is why I'm asking you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have spent $18 on something that you have not told me said I already knew
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Evidently the only way I am going to get this fixed they going to make you the service center do you know of any in the Florida area around Saint Petersburg
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

you haven't spent a full 18. ............if you didn't rate my answer I don't get credited...........I am trying my best for you I told you where you could get the wrench which was your initial question........and you haven't given me anything to work with..........no model number............no picture......I'm shooting blind here........I need some kind of reference for it............so try this ........do a google search in the address bar put in .......

half inch makita hammer drill .......then below that you will see ...........images................click on that and then match up the drill you have and let me know which one it is

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ed the numbers on this drill hp2010n and the other number is *****
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD0zfG3DFFc

is the only way I know how to remove any chuck that I ever have.............retaining screw CLOCKWISE and give a good whack on that allen wrench COUNTER CLOCKWISE to loosen and remove that chuck

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well ed I tried again and it is still not coming off I will just have to wait till I go back home (chicago) and go.to makita and have try to get it off as I recall they were the one's that put the last one on
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

k ...........let me know how it goes

thanks

eddie