Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Just installed new craftsman door opener.. replacing an

Customer Question

Just installed new craftsman door opener.. replacing an older craftsman model. On my old opener i had a door bell button located in side my home that I used to open/close door from inside house, the new opener will not open/close door when button is pushed. Am I doing something wrong or are new openers designed to operate in the same manner??
Old Model#139.53985 New #139.54985
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Fred..........it may have not been wired into the opener correctly or it has a lockout button on it.........are you handy to try and fix it?...............we can make a jumper wire to test it...........you just need a 6 inch piece of wire would you have that?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

okay you are going to trace the wires from the wall transmitter to the connection slots in the opener.......don't confuse these wires with the safety sensors...........then remove those two and connect one end of your jumper wire and touch the other conection slot with the other end and it should open the door............let me know

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did not work !!!
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

okay that should have set the door in motion which means something in the unit is defective.............you might want to get in touch where you just bought that and tell them what is not working and see if it has to be returned ..............but just checking you did remove the wall unit wires and then used the jumper right ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll check with Craftsman folks at Sears Tx
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

sure if you can let me know what transpired

Thanks

eddie