Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft

Minor but frustrating..1265lm keyless pad can't reset code

Customer Question

minor but frustrating..1265lm keyless pad can't reset code to learn button no enter button on remote...just * and #
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: 1265LM liftmaster and I think the battery had run out so got a new 9volt and can't get them synched up
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Contractor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi .......Do you know if that keyless is a Kliker2?......I think we can try something different from what you were doing to get it to work ............we will start by reprogramming in a temporary pin number :

Press * and # ***** together until keypad stops flashing.

Enter a temporary PIN number ............ press #.

Enter ID number yours would be the number 2............ press #.

Press and release the Smart/Learn button on garage door opener.

Enter your 4 digit PIN .......... press the 0 key.

To test and use, wait until light turns off, enter your PIN and press the 0 key

we can start here and see if it works .....please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's exactly what I had tried with no luck - my learn button the red one is not blinking at all after we press the button
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

what happened that this control isn't working now? it a new transmitter you are looking to hook up?............was there a power outage? ..............and last it might matter but you should use a 12v instead of a 9v

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No all connections are good the yellow light goes on but i don't knwo how to get it to blink - hold it longer? I am missing a simple fix
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

If you could answer the questions I asked ...........I am trying to determine what caused all of this

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Control wasn't working because 9 volt battery on keyboard was out - sane transmitter - no power outage
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

okay maybe you want to try to erase all transmitters and then reprogram............if that doesn't work you probably have a faulty key less or a logic board

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the learn button for 6 or 7 seconds

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you have a manual? and do you know how to re program the transmitters?

Please let me know the answers to the questions and how it goes

Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!