Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

One sprinkler in a zone of 6 continues to drip after zone is

Customer Question

One sprinkler in a zone of 6 continues to drip after zone is off. Other 5 are fine. Replaced solenoid diaphragm and checked for leaks but one sprinkler continues to leak??
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Dennis ..............is it the last head in the zone?...................and is it on a down grade?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe it is the 2nd sprinkler head in the zone from the location of the valve, but can't be 100% certain of that. Entire zone is level.
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Dennis I think the next thing to do is change the head.........there could be a crack in this one or some dirt hanging it up

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If you mean the head in the valve, I put a new head on with the diaphragm and also changed the sprinkler head. Same problem.
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

Does the valve have a manual shut off?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
tried both manual and solenoid.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Eddie, I appreciate the help but I believe I'm going to call a sprinkler service for this one. I've been maintaining my system for years but this one has me stumped.
Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

I hear you Dennis I wish I could have helped more ............good luck bud

Expert:  Eddie replied 5 months ago.

I think most likely it is two parts that need to be replaced inside the valve .....there is the diaphragm and a collar below it.....probably shot that is why it is leaking...........you can replace these it isn't hard............if you get me the make and model I can try and track down the parts for you

thanks

eddie