Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

We have a Maytag microwave oven/hood, the existing

Customer Question

We have a Maytag microwave oven/hood, the existing termination is a 4" vent the requirement per the set back does not allow an additional termination. The over all distance to this termination is 12 feet. Can we use the 4" rigid to vent. This is below the minium distance of the venting guidelines.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Yes you can use rigid to pipe your vent. I fact that's what's typically used for longer vent runs.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can the rigid pipe be a 4" pipe with this distance.
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Without a model number for your unit and venting specs there's no way I can say for sure. But 12' isn't very far and if there's only a couple elbows in the run you should be OK.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model is mmv4205ds
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Specs call for 6" round minimum size vent so 4" doesn't meet spec and your 12' run won't make much of a difference