ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

Where is the best place to go to identify the potential year

Customer Question

Where is the best place to go to identify the potential year of manufacture of a Type CA, 1/12 H.P. , with a Style designation of 374213?
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The motor was used when my grandfather built (from scratch) a jigsaw. I recently had it shipped (in pieces) from my parents house upon the passing of my mother. My father, who passed in 2008, was 1 of two sons that my my "psuedo" inventor grandfather had. I am in the process of putting the jigsaw back together and would like to put a relatively close age to it. No one in the family knows when GF may have built it. Thanks.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 7 months ago.
Possibly an old GE, if you could find someone in engineering at GE they might be able to help. (I do not expect payment for this, don't rate my service) Good luck.