Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Trying to program a Genie Garage Door Opener remote. I

Customer Question

trying to program a Genie Garage Door Opener remote. I followed the instructions but instead of turning off after pushing the button the second time, it will rapidly flash and then shut off. The remote will not open the door.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Genie Pro Max Chain drive opener
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've followed the directions for pressing the learn mode button, and the first time I press the remote I get a solid light. The second time I press I get a rapidly flashing light, where the directions say it should just turn off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Contractor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

Hi............just want to make sure we have the same programming ..........if not we can try it with the wall remote transmitter next

Press and release learn button............. LED indicator will blink

Press remote control button with-in 30 seconds............... LED will stay lit.

Press remote control button again..........LED will go out, indicating that programming is complete

if you could let me know

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
First two steps work fine. When I press the remote control a second time instead of turning off, I get rapid blinking and then it shuts off. The remote does not work.
Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

do you have a 3 button wall remote...............and this remote you are trying to program did you just get it and are you sure it is compatible?..........if you could give me the number off I will run a check

Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

you know what too ...............on that 3rd step try pressing the learn button instead of the remote............another thing the remote you are programming has to be with-in two feet of the opener unit when clicking the buttons...............try these 2 other things before we try doing ti via the wall control

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tried both things and still will not program. The remote in my other car works and my keypad outside still works. I am wondering if the logic board could have gone bad.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I also have a 2 button wall remote inside.
Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

and this remote you are trying to program did you just get it and are you sure it is compatible?..........if you could give me the number off I will run a check

did you try erasing all transmitters and reprogramming? ............after these it is the logic board

Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

okay we can start off with some simple solution and then get more creative if we have to............the learn button is on the opener ...probably under a white lens cover

Expert:  Eddie replied 8 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie