Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft

We have a sensor problem on our garage door opener. The red

Customer Question

We have a sensor problem on our garage door opener. The red light is not on. we checked the wires and cleaned the lens. Any other suggestions?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi ......................they have to be aligned's not like it is a laser beam but they do have to meet and the lights on them have to be steady on.............there could be two other possibilities ..........there could be a short and/or a bad connection..........or a bad wire and/or a now faulty sensor.......if you can't get them to align we can run a test ............if you could help me out with a few questions................

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering? NO

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) are you using ONLY the equipment that came with this opener?

8-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

9-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor? goes partial way?........reverses?

10-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance