Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

What is BOCA international building codes is the gaping of a

Customer Question

what is BOCA international building codes for what is the gaping of a slat roof that is allowable to re roof before having to re sheet? illinois edition
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

I don't understand your question. Are you talking about roof sheathing (skip sheathing)? Skip sheathing is sometimes used for wood shingled roofs.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Rick, What I have is 1x6 slat boards for decking That have 3/8 to a half in gap. Is it BOCA code that I have to put plywood over the top to make it a nailable surface? If so I need the BOCA international code. Also I believe that you can't use 1x6's if tempetures dropp to -10 degrees
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
call me if you want(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

A call is an additional charge. Let me know if you want to talk and I'll post an additional service offer or we can continue here. The gaps you mention are likely just normal shrinkage from the original install and not a cause for concern. There's nothing in the code that says you have to use plywood. Winter temp extremes are not an issue.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?