Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

I have a stanley model # D1000, AO7. I remote is broke. I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a stanley model # ***** AO7. I remote is broke. I bought a universal remote by Chamberlain that is suppose to work. I was following the Chamberlain directions which led me to find a learn button on the stanley unit. I find no such button anywhere. Can you help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It worked fine with the old original remote, but it is broke and no longer is in existence. The door does work with the wired up/down button near the entry door to the garage.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. The date code is 97471
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I am somewhat mechanically inclined, but without a "learn button" on the opener I am stuck.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Contractor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a broad spectrum of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 39 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. I am not there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. I will do my best to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.

If I may ask:

1-) The make STANLEY and model D1000 A07 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) are you using ONLY the equipment that came with this opener?

8-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

9-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor? goes partial way?........reverses?

10-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can already see this is not going to work out. I do not want to continue as many of the questions you are asking I have either answered or are not relavent to the issue at hand. I also am not agreeing to an ongoing "free trial" and includes a ongoing monthly fee. Sorry, but this whole thing was a bit misleading.
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

okay I understand............but please don't give me a bad rating because you see I am trying to help you ..............good luck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thank you. I do not believe there should be any charge beyond the $5.00.
Expert:  Eddie replied 3 months ago.

I didn't ask to be rated I won't be any charges incurred you would have to take up with customer service