Experience:  dasdasd

A couple of months ago I bought an older home with a

Customer Question

A couple of months ago I bought an older home with a Breezair Evaporative Cooler, EM series. Model number is ***** 37/45/55 and with CFM 3700/4500/5500. The seriall nr is MDD 00784.
The motor is gone on it and I can't find an equivalent on line. Home Depot and Lowes only go by HP. Can you tell me what the horsepower is or whatever information I would need to find a replacement motor? Thanks a million.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  HIC-Expert replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I am certain I can help you with that motor question. But I will need you to tell me s few things ok?
First, go to the control for the unit, is the control unit on the wall. Do you knowwhere the cooler is located. Is the cooler up on the roof.
Does the wall control have hi and low cool and hi and low fan? If it has only one speed you will want to buy a single speed motor , if you want a two speed hi and low function, you simply purchase a two speed motor.Hi lo swim just
The motors are universal. Any hardware store you go to that had a evaporative cooler motors will fit your cooler.
To determine the horse power for your motor you must know the size of the cooler. Not so much the actual size but the amount of air there frame and pannels are capable of pulling thru the cooling pads and still remain effective in cooling the air the maximum It is designed to handle.
to know the size of the motor, you will hat is known as the cubic feet per minute or "CFM" you already told me . On your unit it says three numbers. These numbers indicate how Much CFM your cooler will produce based on which motor you chose. You can generally chose 1/2 hp -3/4 -hp. -1hp theses numbers correspond to the numbers on the side of your cooler. The CFM are either for lo ,Med, and hi, which is sensible. It could also be the CFM each size motor will put out. larger motor really won't have that much different in CFM unless the speed turns the fan at a faster
A 4500 CF. cooler is designed to cool a small 3 bedroom house or s standard two bedroom single story home. You can calculTe you homes CF.
a 1/2 horse motor is fine for that. If you don't mind spending a few bucks more the 3/4 will take care of you fit many years. As a roofing contractor I removed and replaced many many cooler.Aa 5000 CFM will do
There are also thermostate controlled coolers and I have installed but I would have to direct you to an electrical wholesaler or the dealer such as united refrigeration. They can certainly help you with your questions, however they do not sell to the public. You can check with Johnson motors on ball road and Anaheim Blvd. They are actually left at ball just over the track on the right hand side. If you are traveling south on ball Rd Anaheim ca.
Depending on the size of cooler, match the appropriate Cfm, and then install the pound to perform the CFL you want.
if I were you I would purchase" a three seed motor but do not exceed the Jim jh
The short answer is go to the hardware store and have to see where the cooler motors are and pick one for the half half horsepower to three-quarter come home with it and you're done well that's my answer for now , covered a lot .
I hope this interview questions is no particular motor no puke or brand of motor school down to the hardware store and get a swamp cooler motor just get the right horsepower if you get a three-quarter you can't go wrong if you get a half you might be underpowered but you be OK if the 4500 CFM so happy it would be adequate to three-quarter inch would be better if you have too much CFM for the area that you're trying to cool it will really make it any cool it'll make a damp in the house which is not good not good for furniture not good for your bedding blankets when you go to bed at night will be damp just not good at all around so you don't want to humidify the house you just want to cooler in a have a threshold that you can cool up to enough of the CFM is based on cubic feet per minute is based on a code which is how much air transfer do you want to have in your house let's eat in an hour how much replacement air should you have in your house with an hour and you can look that up but but you can just go by the CFM on the box and just probably a little chart with the cooler still tell you you know how many rooms and a cool etc. were you by the cooler I know you've already got the cooler there but you can still go to the hardware store and look at the same size cooler even though it's different brand and you'll be the same specifications and lotion have the same size horsepower motor then it'll make you be exactly the same as yours will be
Anyway you been getting answers from HIC Expert!
I hope that I've answered your question along with a few additional questions today if you are satisfied and pleased with your answers please give me a good rating that so I get paid for the time that I spend with you. If you have further questions let's say with regard to the electrical wiring or anything else how do install the motor please go ahead and send another question I'll extend a phone call to you so we can talk on the phone that way I can talk about much more things and you can ask me specific questions OK so thank you for using just just answer

I must have your rating Please

Go to
Expert:  HIC-Expert replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David , Ive been helping you with your question,sometimes things get lost in the translation. texts are never the same as spdeaking directly with someone that is listening to you and who is there to get you the solutuon to your request.