canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

I want to mount my tv in my kitchen using the space between

Customer Question

I want to mount my tv in my kitchen using the space between my upper kitchen cabinets but there aren't any studs close to the area that where I want to mount. Is there another option for safely mounting the tv?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement field for 20 years. I will be happy to help you today. What size tv are you mounting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. 22 inch.

The mount should still hit at least one stud. If not then toggle bolts anchors will be sufficient for that tv to mount to the drywall. Once the mount is anchored flush with the wall the surface of the drywall will be enough to distribute the weight of the tv and almost certainly one of the anchor holes will line up with one stud. click here These may not be the correct size but basically you would just need a bolt that has a head big enough to not pull through the hole in the mount. Something very similar to these will be absolutely sufficient. Three or four will be enough. Too many will only weaken the drywall area if they are not spaced out. Have at least 4 or 5 inches between the bolts.

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 7 months ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?