Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP

I would like to install custom paneling door to the

Customer Question

I would like to install custom paneling door to the undercounted wine refrigerator 24". I was told I need the installation kit(###) ###-####for this. This is designed as an overlay door. But, my custom cabinets are beaded inset. So, this door will stick out 1/4"! I was also informed that the hinge for this door will need to be accommodated. So how wide a gap is required to accommodate this hinged overlay door?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Helen...........overlay meaning a framed door with a glass panel? .......when you say beaded would you be able to take a photo of the existing?

How to send a photo or file instructions

and last did they offer a hinge kit to swap them out ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Beaded inset cabinets are COMPLETELY FLUSH. SUBZERO WINE REFRIGERATORS COME WITH GLASS DOORS WITH CUSTOM PANELING FRAME OPTION. BUT, I WANT TO COVER UP THE ENTIRE DOOR SO I DO NOT SEE THE WINE BOTTLES. THEY RECOMENDED THE OVERLAY DOOR INSTALLATION KIT TO COVER THIS ENTIRE DOOR. (7005924 accessory kit). My cabinet designer is going to set this so it will be FLUSH to the rest of the inset cabinets. But, she was told that the installation kit will have to accommodate the hinge to this door. I NEED TO KNOW HOW FAR/WIDE THIS HINGE JUTS OUT SO THE DESIGNER CAN PLAN TO COVER THIS GAP.....this is a response that I got from my cabINET DESIGNER.....I spoke with Subzero and they said that a special accessory will need to be purchased and attached by a subzero service person. The accessory is part number(###) ###-####
The only thing is that the install is not flush it will need to stick out ¼” past the front of the cabinet in order for the hinge to operate properly. If I make the cabinet deeper and push the fridge in then I will need to have a wider gab on the sides between the fridge and the cabinet in order for the door to open. But they couldn’t tell me how much of a gap I will need.
Let me know your thoughts on this . I will hold off on the contract until we decide. Best, Jeanine
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Janine.........this is one of those things that has to be done onsite and I don't want to screw this up on you for your ordering so it probably would be best going through the Sub-Zero service because they do this kind of thing day in and day out and are aware of all the I will opt out........good luck

Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Do you have faceframe cabinets?

Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

Are you still in need of assistance?