Papatrexas
Papatrexas, General Contractor
Experience:  I am licensed general & Electrical contractor for more then 35 years with 40 years experience in the construction industry.
76133288

My dog urinated on our laminate floor and a black stain

Customer Question

My dog urinated on our laminate floor and a black stain emerged. I have tried several cleaning products including hydrogen peroxide with no results. How can I clean this stain and get back to the original color?See pictures for further details.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Papatrexas replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswers. My name is Mike and I will be happy to assist you with your question.

Unfortunately nothing will remove that the chemicals you put on it the worst it gets because it looks like oak under the finish and oak tends to turn black if introduce to water or water like liquid

Now before you deride to replace the pergo plank i will try to moisten with bleach bleach tends to whitens the wood

Please remember to rate me using the stars at the top of the page. That’s the only way I get compensated for my time....Thanks and good lock

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What kind of bleach? The Clorox type use for clothes washing?

Yes that will do

I will dampen with a throwaway rag don't soak the wood just enough to penetrate the spot if is going to work you nwill see a change in 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, will try this weekend and will let you know how it works.

Hi just checking any progress on the spot?