Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Experience:  Software Development Engineer

After programing my remote to the liftmaster opener, the

Customer Question

after programing my remote to the liftmaster opener, the light continually flashes on and off but the door does not move.
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
instead of receiving an answer on my request for help I received a sales pitch for a membership, I was willing to pay $18.00 for a solution to my problem I do not need a membership for ongoing repairs. This is a one time problem I want a one time solution.
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a broad spectrum of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. I am not there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. I will do my best to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.

If I may ask:

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) are you using ONLY the equipment that came with this opener?

8-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor? goes partial way?........reverses?

9-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Eddie, I have a Liftmaster Professional model #2000SDR when turning on the light flashes 11 times
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 4 months ago.

Hi Don, my name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question. I am not sure why programming a remote would cause your issue, but I looked up 11 blinking lights and found another unit by the company stating the error means that forces and limits nerd reprogramming.

Here is the manual for your unit:

If that answers your question I would greatly appreciate it if you could please rate my answer if Not please respond and I will attempt to help.