Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

I'm installing vinyl wall cove like the one in the link

Customer Question

I'm installing vinyl wall cove like the one in the link below. Have a few questions regarding the installation.
What glue should I use? What tip and gun should I use?
What is the best way to do the corners if I use one strip?
Any other tips?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

I don't see a link. It would help so I know just what product you're talking about.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

You use the same adhesive that's used for VCT floor tile and apply it with a 3" wide shallow notched trowel/spreader. Since the smallest amount of VCT adhesive you can buy is usually a gallon (much more than you're likely to need), you can also use a vinyl adhesive caulk like Phenoseal. But Pheno is a lot more expensive than the VCT adhesive so if you're going to use 120' then the VCT adhesive is going to be more cost effective. Inside corners are easy. You just butt the 2 pieces together then cut down through the middle the cove at the bottom where it overlaps so you have mitered joint. They do make outside corners for this product but if you can't get then you'll have to make an outside mitered joint. Practice on a few scraps until you get the hang of the making the cut. One way yo get the angle right is to cut a 4" wide piece of 1/2" plywood on a 45 then lay your blade flat on the bevel and follow that angle to make your cut on in the base beneath it. Start at the outside corners and work back from there instead of trying to make a cut piece fit to an outside corner. Use a small square (like Swanson speed square) for your straight cuts.

Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?