Papatrexas
Papatrexas, General Contractor
Experience:  I am licensed general & Electrical contractor for more then 35 years with 40 years experience in the construction industry.
76133288

I filed a complaint with the City about water runoff onto my

Customer Question

I filed a complaint with the City about water runoff onto my property from the main road due to lack of any storm drains. The city came out and agreed to install channeling as well as a sidewalk. However, due to how my driveway is pitched, they will have to dig up between 1/3 to 1/2 of my asphalt driveway and replace it with concrete. Since I hate the asphalt anyway, is it possible to think the city would replace the whole driveway rather than me having a half and half driveway? Or is it possible to think that since they will have the equipment already out there I could have them do the remainder for a discount if the city won't go all the way?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What you're asking me is something you need to ask the city. It's possible they would agree to pave the whole driveway and have you reimburse them for the extra work but that's not something I can tell you from here. If I was in your place I'd sure ask and do my best to negotiate the best deal I could.

Expert:  Papatrexas replied 6 months ago.

Hi this is mike and i like to help here.

The city will not do the sidewalk they use privet contractors to do the job and you can negotiate with that company to extend in to your driveway.

I hope this helps.