Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a 3/4 hp chain drive garage door opener the outside

Customer Question

I have a 3/4 hp chain drive garage door opener the outside key pad that I just bought will only work if it's inside next to the unit if you mount it outside and close the door it won't work
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

Hi Thomas it sounds like you might have a radio frequency problem ............is this key less new or has the distance to open the door deteriorated the past few months?..........................what type of siding do you have?...........any new LED lights?..........appliances changed location?...........any thing you can think of as far as any dynamics that have changed..........fax machine...............WiFi..........thermostats.........cell phone or any type chargers

Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie