Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

Liftmaster 2500B. Belt chewed up, replace it, and now cant

Customer Question

Liftmaster 2500B. Belt chewed up, replace it, and now cant set the open or close stop. Door will open and hard stop, light blinks and then shuts off. Can't lower door, unless I go into setup mode for and hold the down button?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

Hi ...................I can help you.......... after changing the belt, a gear or the door there is a reset process that has to be done.........I have to locate it in my notes........How many times does the light blink before stopping?..............I should be able to get back to you with-in the hour

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

Actually on your model you only have to set the travel limits...........I don''t know if you tried that ..............if you are having difficulties with it we can try something else...............let me know

Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could not reset down or up stop. Finally reset the arm length by 3" connecting to the door and it worked fine ...ed
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

I'm glad you are up and running again..........if you need anything else home improvement wise .......construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>