Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a Chamberlain 4200 garage door opener. I'm trying

Customer Question

I have a Chamberlain 4200 garage door opener. I'm trying to program the remote. I hold down the Transmitter, press the Learn button on the opener, and it doesn't seem to learn. I can see a blinking light on the opener when it's not in learning node that corresponds with pressing the Transmitter, so it seems to see it, but no dice. Ideas?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

Hi what we can try is to erase the transmitters .................do a hard re set and then re-program and see if this will resolve things

ERASE: hold down the learn button for 6 or 7 seconds

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you have a manual? and do you know how to program the transmitters?......when you reprogram have the remotes only a foot away from the opener when you do

Please let me know the answers to the questions and how it goes

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've done the erase, no joy. I have not tried the hard reset. According to the manual, when I press the Learn button, it should blink once, but all it does is stay lit for 30 seconds. Will a hard reset resolve?
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

it should put everything back to zero and start anew ...............did this remote work previously?...............if you just got it do you know for sure that it is compatible?..........even though it is the same make it doesn't mean that it will work with your model ...........it gets crazy sometimes

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It worked previously. I was trying to add a HomeLink Transmitter to the setup, but all I've done is erased everything. I'll try the hard reset now.
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

the Homelink can be a little tricky sometimes ........maybe leave that for last and see if you can get everything else going first ...then we can do the Homelink together

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hard boot failed. Anything else?
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

what is it that is working?............wall control should be...............you reprogrammed the remotes and what is happening with those?

Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

how many times does that LED blink before pausing?...............you have to press the learn button first then the button on the remote ...............above you stated as reversed

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If I press the Learn button first, the light stays on for 30 seconds. I try to trigger the transmitter when the light is on, but no difference.
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

did you try pressing and holding the transmitter for 3 seconds after the learn button once?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did try, yes.
Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

again .............what is working at the moment ?

Expert:  Eddie replied 6 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie