duane
duane, Carpenter
Experience:  carpenter for 15 yrs ? 10 years own business
93992818

We just installed a new water heater and it's been filling

Customer Question

We just installed a new water heater and it's been filling for three hours now we have no water pressure anywhere upstairs what's wrong
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.

Hi welcome to Just Answer .If after i finish with answering question if you need more assitance then just respond back to me and i will respond back ty. Hello can you hear water trickle in you said ? is every faucet no preseure ?? can you try the cold also?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you can hear the water going in.
Very little pressure if any in most none upstairs
Cold is fine except in the showers theire is none
Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.

the gate valve on cold inlet sometimes old ones can break the control shaft if cranked down very hard to shut off supply so if water is just trickling in and valve handle spins easy and it was hard before then that is a very bad sign

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was spinning round like this on the old one too. It won't tighten either way my husband just ran to go get a new one but????
Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.

the gate valve on cold inlet sometimes old ones can break the control shaft if cranked down very hard to shut off supply so if water is just trickling in and valve handle spins easy and it was hard before then that is a very bad sign i would love to talk to you on phone

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok that would be better my husband is back call *
Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.

ok great when he returns just have to go thru phone process thank you

Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.

hello did you still need a call ? thanks or i can talk back here

Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.

hello i will be on for few more hours sorry if we missed call connection thanks please just respond and will walk you through it ok Thank you for using Just Answer any further help needed just respond and i will respond back
please leave a good rating .For that is only way that i can get compensated for my time. Thank You Duane

Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.

any updates onyour job?

Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.

hello just trying to follow up see if you had got job all fixed ty good luck