Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I'm installing a Bravia Tv that includes a wall mounted

Customer Question

I'm installing a Bravia Tv that includes a wall mounted bracket with the u-shaped bar
Is this intended to be installed on a solid wall only since the bracket is not wide enough to anchor on studs in a drywall constructed wall
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The best option short of opening up the wall is to screw a piece of 3/4" plywood (big enough to accommodate the bracket and to bridge the studs)to the studs then screw the mounting bracket to the plywood. You can paint the plywood the same color as the wall to make it less conspicuous if you like. If you want the bracket flush with the drywall then you have to cut the wall open and screw a 2 x 3 cleat to each stud holding it back 3/4" from the face of the drywall then screw your 3/4" plywood to the cleats.