SlTl, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed Contractor and Kitchen and Bath Designer

Can a snake crawl behind stucco

Customer Question

Can a snake crawl behind stucco
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  SlTl replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Yes, snakes can get into almost any cavity. I've seen them curled and kinked up in a small tree cavity.

First question: Are you afraid of snakes?

Do you just want it to go away because you just don't like them, or have small children?

Have you seen the snake to know what color it is or it's markings?

If this snake were a rattlesnake or a copperhead or cottonmouth, it would be vital that you relocate it.

However a black snake, garden snake, rat snake, king snake, or any of the good snakes are actually beneficial to have around the house even though you may not be interested to know this. They eat all kinds of rodents, ticks, and other reptiles. The venomous snakes are to be respected and left alone, or relocated. The non-venomous snakes are 100% harmless and are actually beneficial. But you have to be able to identify which snake you have first.

Here's a site where you can pick your location from the top menu, and it will give you the names and photos of snakes from your area to help you identify which snake you have visiting you. Also over on the menu on the left side, there is a category called, "Discouraging Snakes," which could give you a few ideas to this issue:

If you have additional questions regarding this subject, please feel free to ask. Thank you for using Just Answer as your handy, go-to resource for quick answers!

If you feel I have addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating, will not end our conversation, should you have additional questions surrounding this topic. Simply click on “Reply” to write back and I am happy to continue with no additional charges.

Expert:  SlTl replied 4 months ago.

Hi again! Did you feel I addressed your concerns, or do you have other questions? Please don't forget to give me a rating. Thank you!