Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.

Compare two LOW toilets and do I need a tank in the lowes

Customer Question

compare two LOW toilets and do I need a tank in the lowes version? I will buy a cushion seat regardless which one i get. THe use of these will be for adults that will like to "squatt" when having a bowel movement and be as low to the ground as possible. it will not be used for children.. lol,, sort of be a simple version instead of using the "Squatty Potty"***-***-****.001.020_0__
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The Lowes version is a commercial toilet. It requires a Flushometer not a tank. It's unlikely you have a 1" water line available for a Flushometer never mind the extensive re-piping it would require. American Standard makes good products.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. So the two piece unit that comes together makes more sense for a homeowner.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Yes, the toilet from Lowes is not designed for residential use. The American Standard toilet is the better option.