Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I have some spiders and ants in my office. What is the most

Customer Question

I have some spiders and ants in my office. What is the most effective way to get rid of them and be safe to myself and my employees?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The safest way to get rid of ants is to put out a 50/50 mix of granulated sugar and Boric Acid powder in small containers where the ants frequent. Vacuuming up spiders is an effective way to get rid of them. They also hate the smell of peppermint so if you and your employees don't mind a minty smell spraying peppermint oil (20 drops in a pint spray bottle) around the areas where you have seen spiders will deter them. Try eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil if mint is unacceptable.