Martin, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Design, construct, fix and grow stuff around and in the home.

I am trying to build my own table top money machine . I have

Customer Question

I am trying to build my own table top money machine for party. I have used a couple of different fans but neither one of them are blowing the money around. What kind of fan do you suggest or the solution to this problem.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hi. the air flow is the secret, you need to create a vortex like air movement. So you incline the fan to make a vortex/tornado. the air lift on the outside and fall back in the inside. So you need an air intake in the middle at the bottom (that will not clog). You can make the enclosure rectangle but round will need a smaller fan. A typical stand fan should be enough. If you only put a fan on the bottom directly blowing up, no air flow will happen and the money will not float in the semi-vaccum created, instead they will want to sink like in a flocculator.