duane, Carpenter
Experience:  carpenter for 15 yrs ? 10 years own business

I have hired a contractor specializing in excavation and

Customer Question

I have hired a contractor specializing in excavation and sewer and certified by the city to install the primary sewer line that connects the city's main sewer line to my home. The city is to come to inspect the job once it is done.
What can go wrong with the install? Is this something one notices right away? or it can happen later on? If something goes wrong what is the responsibility of the contractor, and for how long is?
Also is there different types of material they use and which one is the most durable?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  duane replied 5 months ago.

I am licensed in Oregon & Washington... And you are in good spot since you have a good reputation contractor for job the city inspector well make sure that main !one has enough pitch to drain properly and not to much in long runs of horizontal to much pitch or grade can create clogs also as water well go faster than so

IDs. The inspector will all so make sure pipe is bedded down in enough rock for securing as backfill is done ..any inspection job is good it is for you bemifit to have good contractor and permits with inspection ....material there several great material out on market that have the smooth inside walls to allow for better flow of solids or paper ..and ..or PVC pipe. Or 3034 as commonly referred to is also great heavy grade pipe .. Ask contractor what his warnty is and or contact your athurity have control as the city or state ... Oregon. Usaly is 1 yr from install. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it necessary for having the terms of the warranty on the signed contract? I don't see any language regarding this on the contract. Maybe it is implied, but in case of problem, will this stand in court not to have the warranty terms on the contract?
Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer, I am Duane I will be assisting you today. After my answer feel free to ask for further
information if needed.

hello again yes it is my understanding that inspection dates or signed paid invoice receipt ..should be all you need but you can always ask contractor for the warranty to be stipulated on invoice at time off final payment i would suggest to inform them ahead of time in most larger company invoices there is usally some form of warranty .also just as for your own security you can get a third party to come out and do a video camera of the new line ..and most of them if asked will give you a dvd or a thumb drive of your line ty for the chance to help you

Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

hello again just wondering how the sewer line went hopfully my information help to you through it thanks for time to help