Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft

The remote opener does not work. the push button does. this

Customer Question

the remote opener does not work. the push button does. this model has two boards, one is just for the remote. It has number 8037 0n the board. The board has a 10 switch code and the newer remotes also have a 10 switch code. neither remote operates the door but the remote light flashes on both remotes. I set both remotes to match the motor .The board has a three wire connector plug in. their appears to be a single plug in above the three but I have nothing to plug in there. the board appears to be in good shape, no burns spots. There appears to be a spot in the corner above the single connector slot where something was soldered to the board. appears to have 5 pins?
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks for your time.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi Steve,

What is the model number of the system?

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry for the delay. The opener is not at my house and so I must travel a distant and arrange access in order to get the model number. hope to have to have he number later to-day.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK I finally got the info.
Model deluxe serial number 878762
the remotes on the back have number(###) ###-####310
I this helps
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sent this info a couple of days ago but not sure that it got to you.
please acknowledge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
still haven't got any response
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi Steve,

I haven't been able to find any info on this model;

let me check if another expert can assist you further with this....

Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Steve.............I hope to help you but I would need different information from what was provided........

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) are you using ONLY the equiptment that came with this opener?

8-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor? goes partial way?........reverses?

9-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1. make Stanley, model from plate on unit " deluxe" serial number 878762 no manual available but I do have a manual for models 8700/8500/860/550.
2. not original owner probably 25 years old.
3. this model made before all the sensor crap was required.
4. yes working wall and two remotes that were purchased a few years ago with the number(###) ###-####310 on the back. learn button, only one button to open or close red light flashes when button pushed.
6.unit was added to replace older unit , motor works fine, opens and closes on hard wired button. these remotes didn't come with this unit, but were standard with all these models using 10 dip switches.
8.light on remote flashed indicating signal sent, nothing happens at the power unit problem, work on all sorts of equipment, mainly cars but work on a/c stoves and other household applancies..
in general the unit works well,but not by remote. tried different dip switch combinations, no luck. use was last of this style and has two separate boards, one for running and a separate one for the remote. number on remote board is 8037
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Steve ..........the problem is your remote not working........what could have happened was power outage and then the subsequent surge that wreaks havoc on these units, especially the ones that are on up in age..........we can try and reprogram the ones you have with a little smoke and mirror show but no guarantees it will work ........and then what would happen if we had to buy one new remote and transmitter (45.) that works with opener?...........or what if it is one of the circuit boards (maybe 90. each) at the end of the day you might still have problems a few months from now .........the unit you have now is not very user friendly or diagnostically able like todays models are that start at 150...........not to mention the safety sensors needed to have peace of mind........I'm sorry it probably isn't the news you want to hear........but you might have to make a discernable decision on this one at the present................but I will do whatever you choose.............we can try a hard reset ......erase and re-program.....let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is it possible to check the circuit board to determine if the remote signal is being received. the board is easily removed for bench testing.
Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

you would probably know better than me on that I don't get involved with the small circuitry...........I only look for the telltale signs...........usually the burn marks but you said there weren't any............but after exhausting the other possibilities ........setting the dip switches and getting a minimal response it is a natural sign also

Expert:  Eddie replied 4 months ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!