Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I HAVE TO REPLACE MY WALL AIR CONDITIONER FEDDERS, MODEL

Customer Question

I HAVE TO REPLACE MY WALL AIR CONDITIONER FEDDERS, MODEL A1A10W2B-A AND I'M NOT CAPABLE TO FIND A NEW ONE TO BUY (TO FIT THE HOLE IN THE WALL ). WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  duane replied 6 months ago.
Hello are you able to get a 115 volt model that is just a little bigger or are you only finding 220 volt? Is model larger on width or height height is fairly easy to cut open down a bit deeper just take out the sill block and cut each. Stud down the length needed to increase size of hole .then replace sill block and attach each stud to sill and edge also if size of hole is width it is more difficult if there maybe a support header in place and then may have to be replaced ? You maybe able to simply remove the jack studs on sides and put in place to heavy gauge brackets to support small header like a Simpson a-35 bracket nailed to header and side of studs support header then have enough area to install new unit but if more room is needed you may want a carpenter to actually remove header and install larger one depending on what sytrenght load header is carrying?